Professional Agile Leadership™ - Evidence-Based Management™ Certification
Prove Your Knowledge of Evidence-Based Management
The Professional Agile Leadership™ - Evidence-Based Management™ (PAL-EBM) certification validates that you are a leader with a fundamental understanding of the Evidence-Based Management (EBM) framework. You have proven that you know how to guide teams toward continuously improving customer outcomes, organizational capabilities and business results.
PAL-EBM tests the knowledge needed to enable agility by identifying goals and related achievement measures, using hypotheses to identify improvement opportunities, performing experiments to test these hypotheses and using the resulting learning to improve.
While attendance is not a prerequisite, attending a Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence-Based Management class is highly recommended.
Earning this certification requires you to think about or interpret how you would handle scenarios and to apply your own experience in alignment with the principles of EBM.
PAL-EBM includes questions from the following Focus Areas as defined in the Professional Scrum Competencies as well as several additional topics which are not specifically named in the Scrum Competency Model.
- Understanding and Applying the Scrum Framework:
- Empiricism - why and when empiricism is needed
- Managing Products with Agility:
- Product Value - ways to evaluate the value that a product delivers
- Business Strategy - applying the concept of Unrealized Value to pursuing potential opportunities
- Stakeholders & Customers - applying the concepts of Current Value, Unrealized Value to stakeholder and customer management
- Evolving the Agile Organization:
- Portfolio Planning - understanding the concept of applying lean and agile principles for investing in pursuit of the greatest business benefit
- Evidence Based Management™- understanding the concepts of the EBM framework
- Additional Topics:
- Forming & Evaluating Hypotheses - running short, focused experiments to make progress toward desired outcomes
- Setting, Inspecting & Adapting Goals - how organizations seek and progress toward their goals in a complex world using empiricism
Many people successfully use the Google Translate Plugin to take the test in their native language. If you plan to use the Google Translate Plugin you MUST follow these instructions for using the Google Translate Plugin. We cannot guarantee the quality of the translation, however feedback has been quite good.
Accommodations for Physical or Intellectual Disabilities
We take these considerations very seriously, and examine each case individually. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your circumstances and we can advise you on next steps.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
- $200 USD per attempt
- Passing score: 85%
- Time limit: 60 minutes
- Number of Questions: 40
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer, True/False
- Free Credly digital credential included
- Recommended course: Professional Agile Leadership™ - Evidence-Based Management™
- Practice assessments: EBM Open
- Passwords have no expiration date, but are valid for one attempt only
- Lifetime certification - no annual renewal fee required
Unlike other Scrum certifications that are awarded for attendance in a class, earning a Scrum.org certification requires proof of knowledge and understanding by passing the certification test. You can take the Professional Scrum certification test whether you have attended a Scrum.org class or not, though each Scrum.org training class is a great learning experience and includes a free attempt at the associated certification.
Protecting the integrity of the certification process is very important to us. By taking a test with Scrum.org you agree to abide by our Standard of Conduct. You will not receive information about the specific questions that were answered correctly or incorrectly, however you will receive a breakdown of your performance based on the Professional Scrum Competencies.
Find out more about what makes Scrum.org different.
Professional Agile Leadership™ - Evidence-Based Management™ Training
In the Professional Agile Leadership – Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) course, learn what EBM is and how to apply it through hands-on, activity-based learning. Through a series of exercises, learn techniques that support a more agile mindset